Guest Post Guidelines
Interested in having your guest post published on our website? Great!
We are always looking for well written and in depth content on a subject that will benefit our readers, and that fits the theme of this website.
However, we do have some guidelines we must ask you to follow. We are quite picky about what we publish here. A badly written and poor piece of content will benefit neither us nor you.
So let’s dive right into our checklist to make the post most valuable for all of us!
Checklist BEFORE submitting any content to us:
- Be sure to include a headline.
- Word count must be AT LEAST 1000 words, shorter texts will not be published.
- The content must be unique. We check each article with Copyscape to make sure it hasn’t been published anywhere else on the internet, including your own site or blog.
- The content must be valuable to the readers. This means that it must be coherent with the theme of this site. No fluff! Start with a short, catchy introduction to entice the reader to continue reading. Make a strong, clear argument supported by examples, details, and/or data.
- Formatting: Always use subheadings, and include bullet lists when appropriate for enhanced readability.
- Post must be impeccable concerning grammar and spelling.
- The post must contain at least 4 links to authoritative, high quality and relevant sites. The links should benefit the readers.
- It’s great to include images to illustrate key points in your story. But please only include images that you have rights to or that are available under creative commons license. Be sure to include image credits and links if needed.
- Include an author bio of around 40 words, including details on your background and expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers. We welcome 1 or 2 links with anchor text of your choice. We will make them dofollow. The links must lead to a blog or site you own. Affiliate links are NOT allowed.
AFTER the post is published
- We will promote the post on the social media we are using at the time, and we ask that you do the same.
- Finally, we also ask that any time someone comments on the post you have written, you respond to the comment.
- Note: Once the post is published the rights to the content in the post are owned by Poolurchin.com, we retain full copyright on all material published at the site.
How to submit your guest post
Send your pitch AS A PDF to service(at)poolurchin(dot)com. We usually respond within a week.
If accepted we will ask you to share it as a Google doc. Please do not be upset if we do some editing to the content for greater clarity. We will only publish edited content approved by you.
Images can be sent as attachments or you can provide the image url.